Synlait recognised high achievers in their milk supplier network at their annual conference in Christchurch for dairy farmers and partners on Thursday 28 June.
Nine accolades were up for grabs at the 2018 Synlait Dairy Honours Awards.
“We make a point of celebrating the significant achievements of an increasingly large number of high performing dairy farmers each year,” says John Penno, Synlait’s CEO and Managing Director.
“Through our Lead With Pride™ programme, we encourage our dairy farmers to adopt best practice in milk quality, animal health and welfare, social responsibility and environmental sustainability. This results in high performing operations, which were evident in our 2018 finalists.”
Michael and Susie Woodward accepting the ANZ 2017-2018 Supreme Lead with Pride Award.
“The standard was extremely high and I would like to congratulate each of our winners, particularly Michael and Susie Woodward from Theland Purata Farm Group Ltd – Tapatoru Dairies, who took out the ANZ 2017-2018 Supreme Lead With Pride™ Award as well as the PwC 2017-2018 Excellence in Social Responsibility Award.”
2017-2018 DAIRY HONOURS AwardS Winners
Milk Quality Awards
This category recognises suppliers who consistently supply excellent quality milk.
- Zee Tags 2017-2018 Lowest Somatic Cell Count Award, Kyle Weaver of Deebury Pastoral Partnership
- Vodafone 2017-2018 Most Improved Milk Quality, Johan Joubert, Landcorp Pāmu – Waimakariri
- Farm IQ 2017-2018 Best Milk Quality (weighted by farm size) Award, Jackson Hann, Mundtville Farms Ltd
- Tru Test 2017-2018 Best Milk Quality Award, Ruurd and Rachel Lieuwes, Lieuwes Abbott Ltd
Lead With Pride™ Awards (judged)
This category is judged by an independent third party who focus on the way award finalists care for their animals, the environment in which they farm and for the people they employ.
- Deosan 2017-2018 Excellence in Animal Health and Welfare Award, Shaun Wilson, Craigmore Farming
- Balance 2017-2018 Excellence in Environmental Management Award, Brad Fallaver, Pencarrow Farm Ltd
- PwC 2017-2018 Excellence in Social Responsibility Award, Michael and Susie Woodward, Theland Purata Farm Group Ltd – Tapatoru Dairies
- In the picture:Theland Purata Farm Group Ltd – Tapatoru Dairies
Lead With Pride™ Awards
Finalists in this category were judged on audit results, engagement within the programme, and consistently going above and beyond the high standards set within the programme.
- Hilton Haulage Ltd 2017-2018 Best New Lead with Pride Award, Warren Bent, Flat White Dairy Ltd
- ANZ 2017-2018 Supreme Lead with Pride Award, Michael and Susie Woodward, Theland Purata Farm Group Ltd – Tapatoru Dairies