Total food industry deals for April 2020 worth $605.1m were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked a decrease of 24.1% over the previous month and a drop of 76.4% when compared with the last 12-month average of $2.57bn.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 31.3% over the last 12-month average with 46 deals against the average of 67 deals.
In value terms, Asia-Pacific led the activity with deals worth $526.26m.
Food industry deals in April 2020: Top deals
The top five food deals accounted for 87.8% of the overall value during April 2020.
The combined value of the top five food deals stood at $531.25m, against the overall value of $605.1m recorded for the month.
The top five food industry deals of April 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Meiji’s $254.4m acquisition of AustAsia Investment Holdings
- The $225.62m acquisition of Jiangxi Zhengbang Technology by Shenzhen Xingxing Technology
- Capital Today and CICC Capital ManagementLimited’s $28.23m venture financing of A1Food
- The $15m venture financing of Innovopro by CPT Capital, Custos Privatstiftung, Jerusalem Venture Partners and Wolfgang Leitner
- DSG Consumer Partners, Genesis Ventures, Insignia Ventures Partners, Koh Boon Hwee, Temasek International and Where two Get It’s venture financing of Growthwell Group for $8m.